Commonly Asked Questions About Embossers
How thick of a paper can I emboss?
Up to 20 lb. to 25 lb. paper works best. When you go beyond this thickness, the image becomes lighter and lighter. On thicker paper, the image (text or artwork) need to be bold to still work. On thicker paper you may need to double pump the embosser to get a good image.
- How thin of a line can you emboss?
One point lines are about as thin as you want to go. This is good up to 20 lbs. to 25 lbs. paper. Thicker paper may require 2 to 3 point lines.
- Can I order more than one insert for my embosser?
Yes, it is about half price of the original embosser. You may want the same embosser to come in from the top and the bottom of the page. Also, you can have total different logos/copy on different inserts.
- I already have an embosser, and I want a new logo/copy to insert into my embosser mount. Can I use it and save money?
There are different manufactures of embossers. They are not compatible. Your need to go back to where you originally purchased the unit.
- How long does it take to produce an embosser?
Once we have all the information, logo, copy, typestyles, all we need is one or two production days to complete your order. Then the shipping time from Michigan.
- What type of embosser do we carry?
We carry the Ideal style embosser. It has a 2 1/2" reach into the paper. Our standard sizes are 1 5/8" dia., 2" dia. and 1" X 2"
- Can you get and embosser that can go to the center of a standard sheet of paper?
We can get close. The longest reach is 4 1/2". The price is about double and standard reach embosser.